I cannot help but to smile as I prepare my thoughts for this post. 2015 was great and I am looking forward for all the adventures and opportunities 2016 will bring. I am excited for a year of growth, adventures, and lots of change.
Last year, I was put in many positions to grow. I moved to a new state, traveled quite a bit, tried something new with my career (going from being a public school teacher to a charter school teacher), and celebrated the marriage of my mom. With that being said, many things changed in 2015, and those changes were only for the better.
As I reflect on those changes, I cannot help but to excitedly plan for 2016. I think about all the great things God has done in my life, I think of God's grace and mercy, and I think of God's plan for Max and myself. This is why I am so excited to actually plan for this year. I am really not a person who plans, but with all the changes and exciting new things happening, I am eager to purposely plan and to work towards those plans. I have lived most of my life just going with the "flow" and constantly praying (which helped tremendously). However, I never purposely had a vision and went after something. It makes me wonder, how much more I could have accomplished with a clear vision and goal. This is why this year I want to write my goals down. I did this by creating a vision board, and placed it near a wall in our home. I want to be mindful of my goals and keep track of my progress. Below is a list I have compiled of my top three goals for 2016 and my high moments in 2015. I encourage you all to take on the same approach. Stop going with the flow, and go after a specific goal. Reflect on the good times and the bad times, and decide on a few changes. May this year be very purposeful for you!
2016 Top 3 Goals (God willing)
1. Trust in God
2. Graduate in May with my Master's degree.
3. Take and pass the principal certification test
**These are only three out of about ten goals for 2016**
1. Moved from Texas to Arkansas
2. Going from a 509 sq. ft. apartment to a 1,318 sq. ft. townhouse (Lol, this is major upgrade when you've lived in a very small space for a year)
3. Traveling to Paris and La Roche-Beaumont
4. Kayaking in France
5. Zip lining in Arkansas (now this is letting go and living fearlessly)
6. Canyoneering in France
7. Flying first class internationally for the very first time (nothing beats an 18 hour airline upgrade)
8. Max graduated with his Master's and earned his first "real" job.
9. My beautiful mother got married <3
So here goes to a New Year! I promise to embrace all events in 2016 with open arms. The good and the bad, and to learn and grow from each.
Embrace, grow, and have fun,